HOW IT WORKS
Candidates must apply online for assistance. Once the application, and supporting documentation, have been submitted, your file will be reviewed by the Executive Director. The Executive Director will present the file to the Board of Directors for review and consideration for approval.
PLEASE NOTE: The Board of Directors meets (once a month) or (on the third Thursday of each month).
Requests for assistance must be received by the third Monday of each month, in order for them to be reviewed and considered for approval by the Board on the third Thursday.
Once the Board of Directors has made a determination, the candidate will be notified within 1-3 business days.
HOW TO APPLY
You may schedule an appoint to come to our office in person, or call us at 317-682-4944 x 106. In some cases we will do the intake over the telephone. If you are incapable of applying in person, a social worker or someone with your financial power of attorney can conduct business for you.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION
To qualify for assistance from Pink-4-Ever, you must meet the following eligibility criteria and provide the following documentation:
• You must have written documentation of breast cancer diagnosis from your oncologist stating what your current treatment is. We will send the oncologist our Letter of Diagnosis form to be filled out.
• You must be a resident of Indiana. Please bring your picture I.D with current address.
• Your current monthly income must be $ (this figure is subject to change based on annual review by our Board of Directors). Please provide current proof of monthly income, such as a printout or award letter from State Disability, DWD, Social Security, or General Assistance, or a bank statement showing direct deposits. If you have no income, a social worker can attest to that for you in a letter.
HOW GRANTS MAY BE USED
Once all required documents have been provided and your Pink-4-Ever, Inc. file is complete, you are eligible to receive a grant for financial assistance for up to $800, or for medical costs up to $1,500 for bills no more than 30 days old. The exact figure and type of assistance, will be determined by Board of Directors. Financial assistance may be used to pay for items such as:
• Utilities (gas, electric, water)
• Medical Insurance Premiums
• Medical Expenses not covered by insurance
• Pre-arranged funeral costs (payment can only be made prior to a client's death)
WHAT PINK-4-EVER,INC. DOES NOT PAY
The funding for Pink-4-Ever,Inc. is limited. Every attempt is made to use funds to cover urgent needs. Pink-4-Ever, Inc. currently does not pay storage or relocation expenses, gym memberships, cable TV bills or other non-emergency services. In Indianapolis food may be provided by Gleaners Food bank.
PAYMENT BY PINK-4-EVER,INC.
Payments made by Pink-4-Ever, Inc. on behalf clinents are ONLY to the actual provider of goods or services (landlords, utility companies, medical provider, etc.). Funds are never made directly to the client. Pink-4-Ever,Inc. can pay only the client’s share of these expenses.
Pink-4-Ever, Inc. can make rent payments only to the actual owner of the property, not to friends or roommates. Please bring a copy of the lease or rental agreement showing your name, address, rental amount, the owner's name, owner's address, and the signatures of both parties. For bills other than rent, please bring the complete utility or medical bill, including the payment stub.
In order to maintain client privacy regarding diagnosis or medical condition, checks issued by Pink-4-Ever, Inc. do not have the agency name or telephone number printed on them, but do include the client’s name and vendor account number whenever possible. Checks are mailed directly to service providers and/or property owners.
Generally speaking, clients are eligible to re-apply for additional assistance twelve months or more after the date of their last grant. Because eligibility criteria may change, clients should be prepared to provide new documentation (including a new letter from their doctor, current identification, and proof of income and current lease) at the time they reapply.